BlogHer

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Retirement Planning – Happy New Year Birthday Boomers

In celebration of this august holiday, today’s post will be brief. I wish all of the readers of RetirementSparks a happy, healthy and safe New Year.

In our household, January 1 also marks the celebration of my husband’s birthday, though the day is spent much like every other one. That is, we have breakfast together and he goes off to his beloved retail store, though perhaps a tad later than usual.

But this year, we should take note of some other significant birthdays to be celebrated. On New Year’s Day, the oldest members of the Baby Boom Generation turn 65, the age that used to signal “full retirement.” So, in addition to my New Year message, I have a special birthday message for the leading-edge baby boomers.

(Cue The Tune Weavers) “Happy, Happy Birthday Baby (boomer), although you're with somebody new, I wish you’d read my blog each week, ‘cause there’s 79 million of you."

Hey, if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Happy New Year!

No comments: