BlogHer

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 2 of Retirement Sparks Blog

Today I’ve spent most of what little time I can carve out from my full time job trying to figure out how to let people know that I’ve actually started a blog. And right about now, I’m not feeling very sparky.


Someone suggested I link to my Facebook page. Even though I have more than a few friends, I know almost as little about Facebook’s bells and whistles as I do about blogging. I tootled around my page for a bit, but nothing jumped out at me.

Then there’s BlogHer, which was recommended as a place to get listed. Turns out they have a waiting list. And you need to have been blogging steadily for at least 90 days to even put your name on the wait list. So, I guess that makes me 88 and counting…

Today’s posting is sounding pretty lame, but I’ve decided it’s all about the discipline of doing it regularly. And since no one seems to know I’m out here yet, it’s not like I have to worry about negative press.

But if you ARE reading this, and you have any advice on shameless self promotion, I’m your gal! Lay it on me.

After all… tomorrow is another day.
(Why thank you, Miss Scarlett.)

No comments: